GO. SEE.

GO. SEE.

12.23.2012

I don't need an ice cream cone.


Drew: You're kind of great, Claire. You do know that.
Sort of amazing, even.

Claire: Oh, come on!
I don't need an ice cream cone.

Drew: It's not an ice cream cone.
What's an ice cream cone?

Claire: You know, "Here's a little something to make you happy, something sweet that melts in five minutes."
I'm completely cool with anything you want to say or not say, I don't need it. Besides, Ben is coming in tomorrow.
Do you want to hear my theory?

Drew: Of course.

Claire: You and I have a special talent, and I saw it immediately.

Drew: Tell me.

Claire: We're the substitute people.

Drew: The substitute people?

Claire: I've been the substitute person my whole life. I'm not an Ellen, I never wanted to be an Ellen. And I'm not a Cindy either. Although Chucks love me.

Drew: I'm sure they do.

Claire: I like being alone too much. I mean, I'm with a guy who's married to his academic career. I rarely see him. And I'm the substitute person there. I like it that way. It's a lot less pressure.


----Elizabethtown









I need a road trip too. Too bad i can't drive. (sigh)

2 comments: